The development of new drugs and treatments within Life Science manufacturing can be achieved thanks to scientists in academia or pharmaceutical companies. A large amount of research conducted between universities and laboratories around the world has helped optimize Life Science manufacturing, but what else can be done?
Ensuring a new drug or treatment works
Pharmaceutical companies like GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, AstraZeneca & Eli Lilly have invested a large amount of money into ensuring their research can be approved and pass-through regulations to ensure it provides the successful treatment sought to solve.
Knowing a treatment or drug works comes from the product being tested on people to see how they respond to treatment compared with other groups of patients who have not been treated. Making this process a long-term situation, one that can take years before a medicine is approved for use.
The treatment needs approval from the FDA and other international regulations if the medicine would be sold in other countries. The FDA approves medicines based on their safety and effectiveness. The agency also considers whether the benefits outweigh any risks associated with using the medication.
The case of each health problem is the only differentiator on how long results can be seen quicker or take longer to get the proper data for final results to be acquired.
What industries and products fall under the life science industry?
- Pharmaceuticals – Drugs used as preventatives, medications that treat disease, vaccines, antibiotics, etc.
- Medical Devices – Equipment such as stents, pacemakers, defibrillators, dialysis machines, artificial joints, etc.
- Biotechnology/Biopharmaceuticals- Biological therapies made from living organisms including bacteria, viruses, animals, plants, cells, DNA, RNA, proteins, antibodies, hormones, etc.
- Diagnostics- Testing is done to detect diseases or conditions. Tests may be performed on humans or animals. Examples include blood tests, X-rays, CT scans, MRIs, EKGs, Pap smears, mammograms, etc.
What are examples of life sciences companies?
- Examples of Life Sciences Companies:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Amgen Inc.
- Bristol Myers Squibb Co.
- Celgene Corp.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck KGaA
- Novartis AG
- Roche Holding Ltd.
- Sanofi SA
- Takeda Chemical Industries, LTD.
Outperform quality standards
Keep up with compliance, consistency, and a uniform brand image by building the partnership between Life Sciences manufacturing pharma, biotech, and medical device companies in the Binational region of Baja California, Mexico, and California, USA.
A virtual era can’t be exempted from building a highly productive physical production line to keep up with the market needs of your clients. When you focus on advancing, there are times to adapt by learning or adapting by getting the professional team for assistance.
Once you are ready to have a team of professionals on your side, contact the Tijuana EDC, which is part of the Baja Team, and Coalition of the North, which has a good set of tools to network with the right companies in the Binational region.
Send us an email at email@example.com, or call us at Tel. (664) 681-8344